Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Camping Trip




This past Memorial Day weekend Ivy went on her first camping trip with her grandpa Miller.

Ivy and I met my dad up at Detroit Lake on Friday afternoon.


Saturday afternoon Ben and Ivy's Uncle Julian and Auntie Amanda arrived.


Sunday my Aunt Judy and Uncle John came up for the day. It was a lot of fun spending time with family. Uncle John taught Julian how to fish and Julian caught his first fish. It was bigger than the 7 fish my dad caught! :-)


Ivy and I slept in the trailer in a regular bed as I was a little nervous about her being in a tent at 3.5 months. She did great in the trailer though.
She slept up against a wall on her side and I slept on the outter edge of the bed. Between her sounds and my dad's snoring I may have netted about 3 hours of sleep each night. :-)


Ben and Charlie-Bill slept in a tent. Charlie was GREAT on this trip. Ben and I were extremely impressed with how well he did sleeping in the tent, being tethered to a tree, and swimming!!!
He also stood guard over Ivy's outside bed when she napped. It was quite cute.


We all had a great time and are looking forward to the next trip.

There are LOTS of pics. Hope you enjoy them.

3 comments:

Annie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!! I am truly sorry I missed it, but I am hopeful I will be able to go on the next trip!! If you had not included the CB pics I would not have believed it! =)

morganrenee said...

You took the pack and play camping?? Oh my.

Looks like it was fun! Ivy looks so much like Ben!

samkay64 said...

Get out of town. I love that you guys are taking her and CB camping! I want to come play!!!!!!!