Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pancake Town and the Hema


Hello.

We went to Lage Vuursche for lunch today. It was pouring rain much of today so we didn't walk around the village, but we did have lunch. It was DELICIOUS. I had a pancake with apple/raisin compote, whipped cream, amazing syrup that resembled molasses, and powdered sugar. It was RICH...and I did put all of those toppings on at once. I switched every now and then. :-) Ivy loved it too.




Mom had a pancake with ham baked in it. It looked really good.



After lunch we ventured to the Center (Centrum). We went to the Hema (pronounced heyma) which is Holland's version of Target. It was nice to be out and about even though the weather was crappy.


After we got home I went to a local bike shop and ordered my bike for the rest of the time we are here. I will be getting rid of the car after mom leaves, as Ben and I will use bikes and carriers to get around. It's much shorter and easier to negotiate Hilversum and surrounding towns with a bike. In fact, we could have ridden to Pancake Town. It's only 10 km. And the bike trails are SUPER nice.

I pick my bike up on Tues. It will have a seat for Ivy on the front and bags on the back for packing things around. I'm still looking into a Bike Feits for Ben. It has a box on the front that holds babies and baby seats. It is pretty cute and useful.


Enjoy the pics of our day.

More later.

Lindz

No comments: