Monday, February 9, 2009

2 Weeks Old

As I write this I am reminded of where Ben and I were this time 2 weeks ago.

It's currently 9pm so that means Ben was heading to basketball with the guys and I was having contractions. I can't believe that Ivy was born only 2 weeks ago. I feel GREAT and she is doing well.
We had her 2 week appt this morning. She now weighs 7lbs 14oz and is 21 inches long. I guess she really is having a growth spurt with all of her cluster feedings. She is also treating me extremely well with her sleep patterns. Since Friday she's been sleeping from 11-3 waking to feed and then sleeping 4-7:30 or later. It's quite lovely to get to sleep in my own bed and be near Ben again.

Over the past few days Ivy has had more visitors and admirers. Jen and Cyndi came to visit and it was fabulous. It was great to see them. For those who don't know, Cyndi was our amazing birth coach.
Saturday afternoon Ivy was introduced to my cousin Erin and her new daughter Regina. Regina was born on Dec. 21. It was so fun to get the girls together and for me to chat with Erin about labor and motherhood and how Ivy is progressing.
Andrea came to visit on Sunday after her book club meeting. Ivy loved cuddling with her Auntie.
Sunday was also an exciting Blazer game. We contemplated taking Ivy, but I was concerned about the noise, so we waited until talking to her doctor. Dr. Ollor said to go ahead and take her to the game and put a little hat on her, but the noise won't be too much.

So, Sunday afternoon/evening Ivy spent with her Grammy and Gramps. It was really nice for Ben and I to have some mommy and daddy time to ourselves, but I definitely missed Ivy.

We will be taking Ivy to the game on Wednesday evening. That should be fun and interesting.








No comments: