Wednesday, March 18, 2009

7 Weeks and Growing


Ivy enjoying time in her Bumbo seat that she got from Auntie Morgan and Uncle Keegan.

It's been a while since our last post and Ivy has been very active.

Ivy and her Auntie Andrea.

She's growing like a weed and eating like one too! :-)

Ivy and Pam enjoying some time together before a Blazer game.

She is extremely aware of her surroundings and loves to look around and take everything in. A few days ago she woke up super happy one morning. I greeted her with my usual Good Morning and a smile. She looked at me and smiled back. It melted my heart. I was so excited that she recognized me and smiled in return. It doesn't happen everytime yet, but when it does it's wonderful.

Ivy and Grandma Joanne

She has also started to giggle a bit. She loves to giggle and smile while she's feeding on me. It's quite funny actually. I'll think she's falling asleep and then I'll hear a little giggle and look down to see her smiling at my boob! Makes me laugh everytime.


More Bumbo time

Ivy and Ben are still figuring out their relationship, but it's getting better each day. It's difficult for Ben since he has nothing she wants these days...but he does have strong arms to hold her and amazing love in his heart for her. She doesn't scream in his face EVERYTIME he holds her so thats good. In fact, they have been having a lot of good time together lately.


Ivy and Daddy having a chat

Ivy and Daddy enjoying each other's company

Ivy and I continue to take daily field trips to grammy's or lunch with friends. Anything to get out of the house for a bit and be social. Today was a GORGEOUS day in Ptown so we took a walk to pick Charlie-Bill up from the groomers. Then Ivy spent a few hours with grammy while Ben and I enjoyed lunch with friends. From there, Ivy and I visited a bit with my friend Megan in John's Landing. Now Ben and I are quietly geeking out while Ivy sleeps in her swing.

The swing...Ah the swing. I am having a love hate relationship with that thing. I love it because Ivy sleeps for hours at a time. I hate it because she loves her swing more than her crib. Each time she falls asleep and we put her in her crib, she sleeps for about 10 minutes and wakes up wailing. When we put her in her swing, she'll sleep for 4-6 hours at a time. Swings aren't readily available everywhere we go, so I know eventually I'll have to fight the crib fight, but for now, I'm really enjoying my full night's sleep!
No words can describe this!
Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

2 comments:

The Fam said...

Oh my goodness! Such beautiful pictures. Love and hugs to you guys!

morganrenee said...

That first picture popped up and it looked like a mini version of Ben looking out at me. Seriously.

I'm so happy that she can sit in the bumbo, maybe it'll help to ween her off of the swing.