Thursday, March 5, 2009

5 Weeks and Counting

Notice the finger AND the bottle in her mouth.


The Great Grands and Ivy.



Great Grandma, also known as GG, and Ivy.

Great Grandpa and Ivy.
Sorry it's been a few weeks since my last post. Things have been crazy around here.


Ivy and I went over to Redmond for 1.5 weeks (with my mom) to spend time with my grandparents. My grandfather was having some serious health problems and it was nice to be able to spend some time with him and my gram. It was also nice for them to get to spend some time with Ivy.


However, it was difficult on the new daddy, but Ben was great about us being gone and even drove to Redmond for Ivy's 4 week birthday.


We got home on Sunday afternoon. It's been nice to be back home.

Ivy is doing well. We took her to her second Blazer game last night. She slept through the game with a few fussy moments.

She went to the Dr. yesterday and she has already gained 2lbs and has grown 3 inches since her birth just 5 weeks ago. She's growing like a weed. She is out of her newborn clothes and into her 3 month clothes. It's CRAZY.


She also may be lactose intolerant so we are switching her formula, yet again, and mommy is going dairy free for the next month. The soy formula doesn't seem to have phased her at all. She does most of her eating off of me, but she tends to down a 3oz bottle along with her mom's milk.
She is also learning to sleep longer at night. She prefers to sleep in her swing, so that's what we do at this time. She typically sleeps 7-8 hours each night and takes 2 3 hour naps each day...All in her swing. She seems to love movement.

Ivy has also started to show her personality. She loves to smile and has just started to giggle and coo. It is SO cute. She'll be sitting in her swing on with one of us and just be looking around and then all of a sudden she'll make a little noise and seem a bit surprised by it. I LOVE IT!

I am still home with Ivy. It's been nice, but I'm getting the itch to go back to work, so I have the feelers out.

Ben just finished 2 weekends worth of swim meets. We have a few weekends free before his big sectional meet in Federal Way. That weekend Ivy and I will go with him and spend time with Brock and Katie.

I'm posting pics of our time in Redmond.

Enjoy.




















1 comment:

samkay64 said...

I love her and I haven't even met her. Thanks for the pictures.